Utility Authorization Permit

If you plan to install, relocate, or repair any utility works within the Town’s right-of-way, you are required to apply for a Utility Authorization Permit.

Utility Authorization Permits are required for:

  • Installing new utility infrastructure in the Town right-of-way
  • Relocating new utility infrastructure in the Town right-of-way
  • Installing new service lines that cross the Town right-of-way
  • Repairs/Abandon an existing utility infrastructure within the Town right-of-way

For any questions regarding the Utility Authorization Permit, please reach out to UAP@tillsonburg.ca or by calling 519-688-3009 ext 4411

For all other work within the Town right-of-way, companies and residents are asked to complete an Encroachment Permit.

How to apply

1. Submit an application form to UAP@tillsonburg.ca along with a completed drawing, Traffic Control Plan and Liability Insurance.

2. Prior to approval, the applicant is required to pay a fee of $100 +HST. If any changes to the application are required, staff will reach out with comments. The Town of Tillsonburg will review the application within seven (7) business days. Please ensure that your application is fully completed, as incomplete applications will not be accepted.

3. Once review is complete and all drawings and documents are deemed satisfactory, the Town will sign the application form, stamp the proposed drawing, and send a pdf copy back to the Applicant for their records. With an approved Utility Authorization Permit, work can be started.


Other helpful resources

Scroll to top