Every municipality within Ontario that maintains a police force is required to have a Police Services Board in accordance with the Police Services Act, R.S.O. 1990.
The Police Services Board provides advice to the Detachment Commander and Town Council on the OPP service delivery model.
The Tillsonburg Police Services Board adheres to the provisions of the Police Services Act, R.S.O. 1990 and is responsible under the Act for a number of statutory duties including:
- The provision of adequate and effective police services in the municipality
- Appointing members of the municipal police force
- Assisting in the establishment of objectives and priorities in relation to police services
- Establishing policies for the effective management of the police force
- Recruiting and appointing the chief of police and any deputy chief of police
To view agendas and minutes please search the Town Meetings Calendar or the Town of Tillsonburg's Online Records Archive.