The Museum, Culture, Heritage and Special Awards Advisory Committee makes recommendations to Council on all matters with respect to tourism, culture, heritage and the museum in Tillsonburg.
- To advise and make recommendations to Council on all matters with respect to tourism and culture in the Town of Tillsonburg;
- To advise and inform Council on new legislation and funding initiatives;
- To develop relations for coordinating events with local service groups;
- To advise and make recommendations to Council on all matters related to properties of architectural and historical significance.
To view agendas and minutes please search the Town Meetings Calendar or the Town of Tillsonburg's Online Records Archive.
Century Plaque Program
The purpose of the Century Plaque Program is to identify and celebrate the built heritage in the Town of Tillsonburg.
Properties eligible to participate in the Century Plaque Program must have been constructed 100 years ago or more at the time of application. The property must be located within the boundaries of the Town of Tillsonburg.
Volunteer Achievement Award
The Town of Tillsonburg Volunteer Achievement Awards recognize individuals who make significant, sustained contributions to the community as a volunteer.
Volunteer Achievement Awards are given for unpaid contributions in the following four categories:
- Sports, recreation and education
- Arts, culture and heritage
- Seniors and youth
Citizen of the Year Award
Each year the Town of Tillsonburg recognizes an individual who makes an outstanding contribution to the Town of Tillsonburg, with no expectation of personal gain.
Nominations for Citizen of the Year are received on an annual basis. Volunteering of personal time and talent towards the betterment of our community are hallmarks of this award. Nominees can be recommended either for outstanding contributions to the community in the past year, or over a number of years.