Applications and Permits

| Print This Page |

subdivision under construction with townhouses behind it

Depending on the type of project, you may need to obtain a permit or certificate. If you have questions about what it required, please contact the Building and Bylaw department.

 Building Permit

The applicant may be a homeowner, engineer, architect, owner, developer, commercial or industrial tenant or a member of the public. Building Department staff are available to explain and help with the permit process and the permit application. 

Learn more

 Encroachment Permit

An Encroachment Permit application is required when you want to temporarily occupy any portion of the Town’s public lands, or right-of-ways, for some kind of activity. Construction companies, contractors or individual residents can apply for an Encroachment Permit to allow for activities such as temporary placement of containers, materials, and vehicles used in the construction process. The application can be made online.

Learn more 

 Sign Permit
Sign Permit Applications for Mobile/Temporary Signs or Permanent Signs are also available online or from the Tillsonburg Customer Service Centre.
 Building Certificate
Building Certificates can be obtained online and can be submitted by mail to the Customer Service Centre. 
 Zoning Certificate
Zoning Certificates can be obtained online and can be submitted by mail to the Customer Service Centre.


Additional Building Services Forms/ Policies

Frequently Asked Questions

 Where can I submit an application?
 Applications can be submitted through CloudPermit.
 Building Fees and Development Charges

The purpose of development charges is to finance capital works required for new housing, as well as non-residential development. Development charges go toward growth-related costs such as roads, land ambulance, water and wastewater infrastructure, etc. 

 Building Inspections
24 HOURS NOTICE REQUIRED. Inspections for your project are noted on your permit documents/ permit card. Inspections must be scheduled 24 hours in advance. The civic address for the project is required to schedule an inspection. Please note that the contractor or owner must have inspections approved before proceeding to the next stage of construction. You can book an inspection online or by calling our Customer Service Office. Permits issued in 2021 can also book inspections through Cloudpermit.